Sunday, February 23, 2014

Recycled "Renaissance" Ballet Flats !

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am back in record time, to share my latest "Shoe Makeover"!  Needless to say, I am finding great satisfaction in saving my old favorite shoes that have outlived their 'best by date' and then some.  

I am a very basic dresser.  I wear the same earrings week after week, buy plain white Tshirts in bulk at Costco for $8.99 each and either blue jeans or black leggings.  

But, I do love me some variety in shoes.   Not too blingy and heels are a thing I have left far behind in the past (except for 3-4 days per year).  I am a comfort dresser and happy to be rid of caring about style. Warmth, practicality, natural fabrics and C-O-M-F-O-R-T. 

As you can see, in the 'before' photo below, these shoes had seen much better days!  I am sure I wore them everyday one summer, a couple of years ago - in fact, "plain old gnarly" seems to be the best way to describe them.

To see how easy it is to recycle your own favorite shoes - I posted a tutorial here.

All you need is two sheets of Craft Attitude - available here a glue stick (I use UHU brand) a pair of scissors and an x-acto knife. That's it.    Total makeover cost $5.00 (not including the new inner soles or original cost of the shoes) 

I did break down and purchase new inner soles but I can swap out easily as I build my new collection of recycled ONE OF A KIND - altered art shoes!    

Grubby Before Shot 


Getting Bent BACK into shape!





Five Dollars!!


I used images from  an Itkupilli Imaginarium kit  available here

4 comments:

Jo Murray said...

I am besotted with the thought of shoes to match all my outfits. Am still trying to source Craft Attitude in Australia...but I think I have a lead.

Linda Kunsman said...

well my dear- you and Craft Attitude are a match made in heaven. LOVE your new ballet flats!! And i am so with you about the comfort thing :)

Caterina Giglio said...

I think this is just brilliant!

Healing Woman said...

These are amazing! I also loved the purse you created out of craft attitude. I will go back and look at your tutorial and try this new technique. Thank you so much for sharing!