Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday's Musings.....

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Working on these little 4 x 4 cloth squares is effortless.  The size lends themselves to working on them in the evening if I am watching a favorite TV program, (like The Good Wife??? anyone else a Good Wife fan??)  or just relaxing with my DH. As a result, I'm ahead of schedule again, and will be finishing this for Karen Owen probably sometime this evening, even though it's not due until November 30th. 

This one has some embroidering left to join the front and back together along with a few finishing touches around the face...






little bits of tatting, some opalescent clear beads,  and some transluscent colorful stretchy netting I used to embellish the wing.....






still some work to do (as you can see) in and around the face and within some of the tatting...the yellow tatting was meant to look like the end of her sleeve...maybe with a few revisions it will!

.



Front 4 x 4 - Aviana for Karen (work in progress!)


For this particular project, we are not required to finish the backs of these pieces, but to me, it's not finished unless the back is...I just don't spend as much time on it...
.
Back 4 x 4 - Aviana for Karen



and finally,  the low resolution digital version that I decided to add to my Etsy shop.  I've been drawn to paler hues and pastels lately, such delicate feminine tones..


Avianna - 8 x 8 inch digital collage
Copyright 2011 TwoDressesStudio
All Rights Reserved
Image Credits - Holliewood Studios, 
Iktupilli and Made to be Unique (hummingbirds and birdhouse)
Filters - Totally Wild Dezinez
Available on Etsy here

I hope Karen will like it.  She does lovely collage work - her gallery is here I've been adding beautiful lavender I purchased from Salt Spring Island months and months ago with the intention of creating some little sachets.  If you've ever wanted to purchase bulk lavender, check it out here

Thanks for visiting.

Update - finally done!


11 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

YOur work speaks to me today so eloquently.

bohemiannie! art said...

So creative...so soft.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Your works are so beautiful... and luscious to behold. I missed the Good Wife tonight because we got home too late. Have a great week! Peace, Mary Helen

Leslie said...

As usual your work is fabulous!!!

bockel24 said...

wonderful work, Trudi, and YES! I am a Good Wife fan, waiting for the next season impatiently!!!

Healing Woman said...

Trudi, this one is just amazing. Detail so strong and colors gorgeous.

Lorraine said...

Another wonderful digital and fabric transformation. Always enjoy seeing the bits and pieces you add to the fabric work.

Caterina Giglio said...

these are wonderful, love the size too...
mr ldv is a Big ...Good Wife fan... so yes I do tune in... xx

Nikki said...

And now I'm inspired! These digital-turned-fabric pieces are simply gorgeous! If you can do one in a 4x6 size you are a shoe-in for getting published in the next Cloth Paper Scissors challenge, fabric postcards! Love, love, love these!
~Nikki

Becca said...

So beautiful! Love the size of these pieces, and the added tatting. I have been tatting too and have some small pieces I could use as embellishments. I love watching the good wife!

Lisa Graham said...

Wow, that is pretty Trudi! What a creation.