Friday, April 30, 2010

Challenge - Fear - Don't it always seem to go....

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the challenges I decided to participate in at Deviant Scrap was to express a fear through a digital collage. The entries in this challenge are startling and further sparked my interest, as I've come to believe how art really can be a useful form of therapy and personal growth.   I often feel inspired by song lyrics and   I borrowed from Joni Mitchell's lyrics from The  Big Yellow Taxi -

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
They took all the trees
Put'em in a tree museum
And they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
Hey farmer farmer
Put away the D.D.T. now
Give me spots on my apples
But leave me the birds and the bees
Please!
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
Late last night
I heard my screen door slam
And a big yellow taxi
Took away my old man
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot.




Image Credits:  Empire State Building - public domain Dover Publications.  Foreground, blue jeans - TumblefishStudio@DeviantScrap.com  Crow, target, parachute, newspaper brush, dove - Love and War,  HolliewoodStudios@DeviantScrap.com Women, Man, arrow - Tangie Baxter   Earth, box - http://www.artchixstudio.com/



9 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Wow! The beautiful color scheme of neutrals really gives this piece a lot of depth and interest. Fabulous, Trudi! Hugs, Terri xoxo

PS LOVE that Joni Mitchell song!

Bea said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO enjoying this direction you have taken. Your work is amazing. I LOVE IT! :)Bea

bockel24 said...

Great lyrics, beautiful collage.

Caterina Giglio said...

just awesome Trudi, really tells the whole story! looking for a box for your piece and hope to post it on Mon! ciao! xx

Lori Saul said...

A stunning piece full of story, design and meaning. Beautiful vision art!

Debby said...

I love this one. Amazing!!! I have to get over there one of these days and check out the challenges. Working all weekend. Blah!!!
Debby

Sija said...

Amazing Trudi, love all of it!

Healing Woman said...

I agree. Art can definitely act as therapy. I too, love that song!

Heavens2Betsy said...

Wonderful collage! Great song. You've expressed that fear beautifully through you art.