Thursday, September 17, 2009

All Things Poe - 8 of Batons - Capolan Tarot Project

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instead of attempting to visually interpret another Poe story, I chose to capture a rumor of sorts surrounding Poe's gravestone. On the anniversary of his birthday each year, an unknown person leaves a half full bottle of Cognac and 3 red roses. The foreground image of the baton carrier is from Cirque de Soleil. All other images are public domain or from my personal collection.

5 comments:

Bea said...

All dressed in black, the old man was
who entered into the grave yard.
And the tradition continues.
Ah yes, I've heard the tale.
Love the card, as usual. :)Bea

Tracychan said...

WOW!

The Artist Within Us said...

It is always a pleasure coming to your blog and seeing your art work. I have said it before and I will say it again, you have a wonderful imagination.

Egmont

Michele Jackson said...

Very nice!
Michele

layers said...

I like your Poe series-- a fascinating author and poet with lots of ideas and imagery for your series.