Thursday, August 06, 2009

~Book of Days~ ... Hanging to Dry.... Free Backgrounds

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click to Enlarge and Print
This morning I decided to prepare some of my favorite new paper. This was just a simple exercise of loosely applying water, watercolor and alcohol inks wet on wet. It is roughly 6 x 40 and is the beginning stages of pages that will either be sewn into my DisCo book or I may use as the beginning of an accordian style journal. The paper is Arches Text Wove - this paper is magical! It is 100% cotton and virtually indestructable. In fact, I plan to put it in the washing machine as a test! Below the full sized paper is two close ups. Feel free to print them as backgrounds for your own work. NB - I digitally extracted the background of the vertical image so as to not distract from the page I'm preparing.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

These are very cool!! Thanks

Bea said...

I'll have to look for that paper. I love the close up picture of the texture of the paper with the ink/watercolor on it.
:)Bea

Yvonne said...

Love the colors. In fact I was thinking of using that blue on my rusted fabric. Maybe I could combine fabric and this kind of paper together in a project?